A warm welcome awaits you at Hellbrunn
As a visitor to the famous Hellbrunn Trick Fountains, you enter a different world: Mystical grottos, water-powered figures and fountains that will splash you, turn your visit into a fantastical adventure. And all of this just a few minutes outside the gates of Salzburg's UNESCO-protected historic district.
The Trick Fountains
Prince Archbishop Markus Sittikus once built the Hellbrunn water features to entertain his guests, at whose expense he allowed himself many a joke. Insidious splash fountains, fascinating water-driven machines and fairytale grottos have been ensuring wet, but above all smiling faces for 400 years. It's hard to believe that these historic masterpieces of engineering are still powered only by the force of water.
As prince-archbishop, Markus Sittikus ruled over the temporal and spiritual destinies of a small but, thanks to the salt trade, very powerful realm. The interactive palace exhibition SchauLust takes Hellbrunn's visitors into the world of this once powerful man. A world that was characterized by power and humility, playful curiosity and statesmanlike representation. Of legends, myths, art and burgeoning science.
Like a jewel in its setting, the palace park is surrounded by a wall. Behind it, 60 hectares open up before you, perfect for relaxing and taking a deep breath, strolling, enjoying and marveling: from the large children's playground to gardens with beautiful water features. From the stone theater to the original Sound Of Music Pavilion. The name Hellbrunn means, among other things, "healing fountain." Anyone who comes here will understand why.
Info & Facts
All info & facts
- Trick Fountains: an amusement area with fountains, grottos and water-driven machines, unique worldwide.
- Palace exhibition SchauLust: immerse yourself in the world of Hellbrunn's builder Markus Sittikus.
- Park: Relax in the park and visit the real Sound of Music Pavilion from the famous Hollywood classic.
Your ticket includes
- Tour of the Trick Fountains with audio guide (approx. 45 minutes)
- Visit to the palace exhibition SchauLust with audio guide (approx. 35 minutes)
- Visit to the Folklore Museum in the Monatsschlössl on Hellbrunn Hill (approx. 1 hour)
Offers for groups
- Individual themed tours: tailored to the wishes and preferences of the group.
- Special educational museum tours: for school groups, children and teenagers.
- Children's birthday parties: a special place for the most beautiful day of the year.
- »Gasthaus zu Schloss Hellbrunn«
phone: +43 662 825608, www.gasthaus-hellbrunn.at
- »Parkcafé Hellbrunn«
phone: +43 650 3525457, www.parkcafehellbrunn.at
IT FLOWS AND BABBLES, SPLUTTERS AND SPRAYS. HERE YOU CAN EXPERIENCE WATER IN ITS MOST STIMULATING FORMS. COME TO THE SOURCE OF PURE ENJOYMENT: TOTAL JOIE DE VIVRE; UNCHANGED SINCE 1615. WELCOME TO UNIQUE SCHLOSS HELLBRUNN!
Hellbrunn Palace & Trick Fountains
Fürstenweg 37, A-5020 Salzburg
phone +43 662 820372-0
Facebook | Instagram
A10 Tauern Autobahn, exit Salzburg Süd, follow signs for Anif. Public transport: bus line 25 from the main station. By bike about 20 minutes from the city center.